In October 2018 we launched our Economic Strategy to create more successful people, businesses and places throughout the district.
The strategy will guide the way we do business, and the district’s economic activity and ambitions, over the next five years.
The strategy is split into three key themes.
For local people, our Economic Strategy means:
- Help people get the right skills for the right job.
- More opportunities to develop and progress at work.
- Creating apprenticeships that lead to careers.
- Quality employment for as long as people want, with opportunities to work and retrain throughout their working life.
- Better living standards for everyone.
For local business, our Economic Strategy means:
- Getting the right people and support for your business.
- Greater availability of skilled employees
- Help to develop your workforce.
- Apprenticeships that work.
- Support to innovate, and the right space for your business to grow.
We as a council are even easier to do business with.
For local places, our Economic Strategy means:
- Great places to live, with more high quality affordable homes.
- Successful, attractive and appealing city and town centres.
- Quicker and more affordable journeys to work, alongside quality business infrastructure.
- Using our district’s unique culture and heritage to attract more investment.
- Alongside this, the Council is committed to improving partnership working across all sectors operating in the district. We are looking at ways to increase spending with and among Wakefield businesses and organisations to support local growth.
Over the coming months we will begin working with key partners from across the district to realise these ambitions for the benefit of local people, businesses and places.
Updates will be posted on this page as our work progress.
Check out our Economic strategy
Check out our Anuual review for 2018/2019
Check out our Anuual review for 2019/2020