Our inward investment team is dedicated to proactively encouraging and assisting investment and promoting the city as one of the most business-friendly locations in the UK.
We support businesses in providing;
- Targeted property search based on customer requirements; New premises, Managed Workspace and incubation spaces
- Support with access to relevant funding streams (grants and loans)
- Coordinate meetings with key partners including planning and transport and highways
- Provide a single point of contact for all investment enquiries including national and district specific data
- Identify business development opportunities based on your requirements
From the support of our Inward investment team and the Local Enterprise Partnership a total worth over £4.5 million has been awarded for 78 businesses in Wakefield to grow their business through land or property purchase and capital expenditure through the Business Growth Fund.
We maintain strong links with external partners such as the Department for International Trade (DIT), the Manufacturing Growth Programme and work closely with the wider region as part of the Leeds City Region Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) and the West Yorkshire Combined Authority.
In the past year 2018/19 the total amount of investment tracked was worth over £250 million. This investment has created over 300 new jobs for residents within the local area.
To speak to our team contact:
Michelle Hick - Inward Investment officer
T: 01924 306769