Our inward investment team is dedicated to encouraging and assisting investment and promoting the city as one of the most business-friendly locations in the UK.
We support businesses in providing;
- Targeted property search based on customer requirements; New premises, Managed Workspace and incubation spaces
- Support with access to relevant funding streams (grants and loans)
- Coordinate meetings with key partners including planning and transport and highways
- Provide a single point of contact for all investment enquiries including national and district specific data
- Identify business development opportunities based on your requirements
From the support of our Inward invetsment team and the Local Enterprise Partnership a total worth of £2.8m has been awarded for 22 businesses in Wakefield to grow their business through land or property purchase and capital expenditure through the Business Growth Fund.
Total project costs for these businesses have totalled to £22m and have provided 300 new jobs to the district within the last 3 years.
We maintain strong links with external partners such as UK Trade & Investment (UKTI), the Business Growth Service (formerly MAS) and work closely with the wider region as part of the Leeds City Region Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) and the West Yorkshire Combined Authority.
In the past year the total amount of investment tracked in 2016 was worth £164,039,000. This investment has created over 300 new jobs for residents within the local area.
To speak to our team contact
Pat Coffey - Business Development Manager E; Pcoffey@wakefield.gov.uk T: 01924 302323
Rachel Kong - Inward investemnt officer E; email@example.com T: 01924 306916