PROPERTY MAINTENANCE OPERATIVE APPRENTICESHIP – LEVEL 2
FULL TIME SALARY APPRENTICE WAGE + BONUS
This is an exciting opportunity to work for The Dutton Group, specifically Dutton FM undertaking varied duties. You will be working with a small hardworking and friendly team.
The role will include various property management duties with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship. The role will include some of the following areas:
• Understand and demonstrate the importance of Health and Safety in the workplace
• Comply with organisational safety, policies and procedures and identify hazards and reduce them
• Consider safety compliance with a diverse sector of client groups
• Understand and demonstrate the importance of working safely at height
• Carry out repairs to the fabric of a building, for example repairs to walls, doors, doorframes, skirting boards or plaster damage to internal walls
• Understand and maintain plumbing and drainage systems, for example repairs to WC systems, leaking taps or water testing and unblocking drains
• Maintain high levels of water hygiene within a building
• Understand and maintain electrical distribution, safe repair of electrical installation to legal requirements, for example replacing damaged sockets, plugs, lighting and fuses
. • Understand and maintain plant, safety systems and equipment
• Demonstrate and implement energy, environment and sustainable practices
• Understand and maintain grounds and external fabrication of a building, such as drainage and guttering
• Understand and demonstrate the safe use of hand tools, for example screwdrivers, power drills, pliers, paper strippers and a variety other tools used in plumbing and carpentry
• Demonstrate and understand the importance of the control of resources and stock
• Understand and demonstrate the principles of Planned Preventative Maintenance
• Understand how to prepare for refurbishment or deep clean of equipment and surfaces
• Carry out repairs and reactive maintenance
• Understand the importance of customer service
• Record and report information accurately either internally or externally
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
• Have a flexible attitude
• Commitment to quality and excellence
• Ability to perform under pressure
• Persists in the face of adversity
• Thorough approach to work
• Ownership of work and follow through to a satisfactory conclusion.
•Client/Customer focus and interaction
• Able to live the organisations values
• Ability to create effective working relationships
• Aptitude for problem solving
• Ability to comply with company policies and procedures
• Enthusiasm • Ability to control and influence within remit
• Persuasive influencing skills
• Shows respect for all stakeholders
• Take ownership of situations
• Work independently and as part of a team
• Communicates effectively either verbally or in writing
• Problem solving approach
• A drive for efficiency and value for money
• Communicate effectively at all levels
• Ability to understand limitations within the role
• A drive for quality and excellence
The primary role of a Property Maintenance Operative is to optimise property condition and quality and to ensure the building is kept in a safe working condition. Property Maintenance Operatives need to maintain a high level of quality, providing maximum satisfaction to customers, clients, guests and team. They will understand the mechanism of buildings including electrical, plumbing, plant, safety systems and equipment. They will provide first and immediate response to fault finding, whilst maximising quality and ensuring cost effectiveness. They will ensure prevention of major damage that could result in extensive costs and minimise reactive intervention.
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship. There will be opportunity to study further and this will be expected of successful candidates. There will be chance to study a broad range of further qualification such as gas or electric qualifications.
8:30am - 5:00pm Monday – Friday 40 hours a week. On occasion work falling outside of these times may be required.
Place of Work – Mobile regionally based.
About the Dutton Group
The Dutton Group offers as part of its portfolio a facilities management (FM) solution. FM is a fast-paced and rapidly growing area of UK business.
Dutton FM provides versatile and quality facilities management services which enhances our client's operational delivery and provides value for money. The FM services we offer are extensive; electrical, plumbing & heating, cleaning, roofing, decorating, construction and refurbishment.
At Dutton FM we aim to provide a tailored, bespoke facilities management service, which is specifically suited to the needs of our individual clients. We build close relationships with all of our clients, developing an intense knowledge of their business which allows us to provide the exact facilities management solution they require.
We are committed to sustainability and believe that all aspects of facilities management have the scope for sustainability practices. All of our employees are trained to be as sustainable as possible in their areas of the business and we see being sustainable as a team effort.
Working in a Facilities management environment as a career choice offers many opportunities and an interesting and diverse working life where no two days are ever the same. It is challenging, interesting and has a vital importance to the functionality of many businesses.
To apply for this role please email your CV with a covering note to email@example.com