POST: Apprentice Property Consultant
REPORTING TO: Branch Manager
You will be responsible for proactively responding to all “letting and sale” enquiries, both face to face, over the telephone and electronically, making appointments in order to maximize potential opportunities and meet the branch targets. Encouraging potential vendors and landlords to have a property appraisal and to use the Company’s services to sell or let and manage their property. You will also maintain regular contact with your potential buyers/tenants encouraging them to view properties matching their requirements.
Provide first line advice and support to Vendors, Buyers, Tenants and Landlords in accordance with organisational policy, procedure and professional standards, to ensure highly effective customer services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Support branch staff in achieving targeted lists and Property Appraisals
2. Register all potential tenants, buyers, vendors and landlords onto the VECO system fully with 2 contact numbers and email addresses where possible.
3. Identify opportunities for property appraisals and book appointments where possible.
4. Match all potential tenants to properties available and telephone them to encourage and arrange viewings.
5. Liaising with vendors, landlords, buyers and tenants to ensure the smooth running of the sale or letting process from new instruction to move-in.
Prepare and update all advertising and marketing material within the computer system and display areas within the branch. To update internet advertising on a daily basis. To actively promote each property, book viewings and run the office diary.
To carry out daily mail-room duties ensuring the postage meter is kept in credit and ordering of mail-room supplies. To keep the office environment tidy and organised.
Ensure comprehensive notes are recorded and updated regularly on VECO system.
Ensure services are promoted positivity to all prospective Vendors and Landlords.
Liaise with all other departments whilst reporting to the Letting Manager (where applicable), Valuation Manager, Branch Manager and Directors and to promote the interests of the Company in general at all times.
Perform any other duties which from time to time may be required to ensure the smooth running of the branch and company.
1. Any other duties as may reasonably be required.
2. Maintain the highest standards of professional performance.
3. Promote equal opportunities.
4. Ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
5. Making sure that professional skills are regularly updated through participation in training and development activities.
6. Ensure all policies are implemented within the remit of this post.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, whilst at work, members of staff must take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of any other person who may be affected by their acts or omissions. In addition, members of staff must co-operate with the Organisation on health and safety and not interfere with, or misuse, anything provided for their health, safety or welf
Copies of the Organisations safety policies are available from the Branch Manager.
POST TITLE: Apprentice Property Consultant
The Person Specification focuses on the knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications required to undertake the role effectively.
Good standard of education
ARLA/NAEA Certificate or studying for ARLA/NAEA qualification
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
(e.g. report writing, office experience, Microsoft office)
Demonstrate ability to pro-actively sell our services and work to target
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience of working in a customer service environment
IT Literate/good knowledge Microsoft packages/Excel/Word
Knowledge and understanding of equal opportunities and diversity
Demonstrable experience of administrative systems and procedures
Knowledge of recent developments in Lettings and Sales legislation
Apprenticeship rate is £4.50 per hour (increasing to £5.00 per hour). The basic salary is increased to 15k upon completion of first year and first qualification.
Is this the opportunity you've been looking for? If you'd like to apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV and a cover letter explaining why you're interested in the role.