Wakefield wins share of £20m culture fund
Fri 18 Jan 2019
Wakefield, home to The Hepworth Wakefield gallery (pictured), is one of five areas in England to benefit from a new £20m Cultural Development Fund.
The district, which is also home to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park, has been given £4.4m to help turn it into an internationally renowned location promoting the UK's world-class creative industries.
Culture Secretary, Jeremy Wright, who announced the winning areas, said the fund would help people build careers in the arts and culture locally, but "also boost wider investment and diversify the creative economy".
- Yorkshire firms recognised in 2019 Queen’s Awards
- Government launches £200m funding initiative
- Growing fire safety business relocates to new Wakefield offices
- PR: Open Communications secures Opus Trust retained agreement
- COMMISSIONED to create numerous bespoke products, a West Yorkshire injection moulding company has taken an innovative approach and invested in new machinery to provide a low-cost option for product realisation.