Wakefield College Looking for new Governors
Mon 05 Jun 2017
Do you have a professional background in areas such as teaching and learning, estates, HR, legal services or business leadership and want to help shape the vision and strategic leadership of Wakefield College?
The College is looking for business and community leaders to join the board of governors and help us become an ‘outstanding college in the heart of the Wakefield District.’
If you have the ability and commitment to contribute towards these goals, the College would love to hear from you.
Being a Governor is a voluntary role, unpaid but highly rewarding, and this is a particularly exciting time to be involved with Wakefield College. The College’s aims include:
- To improve further the quality of teaching and learning at the College, with the aim of giving students better outcomes, be that in continuing their education at the College or at university, or in gaining employment.
- To understand the needs of employers, to help local businesses grow and contribute to economic prosperity in the district.
- To develop higher education and apprenticeship provision at College.
-To form strategic partnerships within Wakefield District to help shape key initiatives.
- An ambitious property strategy to redevelop and expand the Wakefield City Campus while exiting from the Thornes Park Campus.
-To form strong relationships with the District’s schools and, where appropriate, work with them in the provision of education.
Further information on the role of Governor together with the online application can be found here.
The deadline for applications is Friday 9 June 2017. Interviews will be held on the afternoon of Tuesday 20 June (late afternoon).
Should you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us via Nils Elgar, our Clerk to the Corporation on 01924 789-208 or at email@example.com.
- WAKEFIELD INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION SPECIALIST SEWTEC RAISES £1,800 FOR TWO WAKEFIELD CHARITIES
- MORGAN SINDALL MAKES WAKEFIELD MOVE
- WAKEFIELD RETAILER ANNOUNCES HUGE ADVANCES IN SUSTAINABILITY WITH UK-FIRST ELECTRIFICATION STEP
- BELLINGHAM IT SUPPORTS APPRENTICESHIP COMMUNITY WITH NEW RECRUIT
- OPEN COMMUINICATIONS WELCOMES TWO NEW RECRUITS