Opportunities for Young People at Wakefield Careers Evening
Tue 19 Apr 2016
Wakefield Council is holding a Careers Evening to give young people the opportunity to speak to employers, get career advice and see what apprenticeships are on offer in the district.
The Wakefield Careers Evening is taking place at Unity Works on Wednesday 27 April, 5pm to 8pm.
The event will provide young people from the district with information on how apprenticeships can lead to rewarding careers, including advanced, higher and degree level opportunities.
Attendees will also be able to find out more about the 170 live job vacancies which are currently being advertised around Wakefield district.
Cllr Denise Jeffery, Cabinet Member for Economic Growth and Skills, said:
"This is an excellent chance, for those who are interested, to meet local employers who can demonstrate how apprenticeships can be the start of a long and successful career.
"There are a lot of opportunities in the district and this event will showcase those to young people helping them to take that first step on the career ladder. I encourage as many people as possible to go along and see how they can gain the skills and experience needed to reach their full potential."
More than 30 learning providers will be at the event to discuss the first-class training and opportunities they have available. Below are just some of the vacancies on offer that employers will be on hand to discuss:
• Engineering Technician for Coca Cola
• Marketing Apprentice for 6B Digital
• Facilities Management Apprentice for Unity Works
• IT Technician for Doogood Recycling
• Apprentice Upholsterer for Pontefract Upholstery
• Apprentice Lab Technician for Structural Soils Ltd
• Equestrian Care Apprentice for KJ Carr Ltd
• Apprentice Chef for Iris Restaurant
• Electrical and Plumbing Apprentices for Redrow Homes