Join Wakefield’s Festival of Food, Drink and Rhubarb from Friday 22 to Sunday 24 February 2019.
Mon 14 Jan 2019
The Festival of Food, Drink and Rhubarb is the first major event in the UK’s ‘foodie’ calendar, and we are proud to celebrate Wakefield’s traditional links with rhubarb growing.
Wakefield’s Festival of Food, Drink and Rhubarb is fun for all food and drink lovers, families and children. Entertainment and activities include cookery demonstrations, local produce with a rhubarb twist, hot street food, Deliciously Yorkshire market, street entertainment, children’s workshops, face painting and much more!
The festival will be held between 10am and 5pm on Friday 22, Saturday 23, and between 10am and 4pm on Sunday, 24 February 2019.
It centres on the Cathedral precinct and the Bull Ring in Wakefield with other parts of the city joining in with fringe and food events.
The festival has successfully established itself as one of the highlights of the UK’s food calendar over the last thirteen years.
We showcase local food and drink providers and celebrate the district’s unique tradition of rhubarb growing and its importance to the local economy.
As a new opportunity for 2019 we are looking to appoint a trader to provide a festival bar. The bar will be located within a 42ft yurt tent with heating, seating and a schedule of entertainment to be provided throughout. If you would like to be considered for the opportunity please download an application form and return by email or post by Friday 18 January.
If you would like to discuss the opportunity further please get in touch via the details found at the bottom of the page.
For more information visit the Experience Wakefield website
Major Events Team
PO box 700
- Yorkshire firms recognised in 2019 Queen’s Awards
- Government launches £200m funding initiative
- Growing fire safety business relocates to new Wakefield offices
- PR: Open Communications secures Opus Trust retained agreement
- COMMISSIONED to create numerous bespoke products, a West Yorkshire injection moulding company has taken an innovative approach and invested in new machinery to provide a low-cost option for product realisation.