Hemsworth and Ryhill residential sites for over 200 homes open up to buyers
Mon 19 Jun 2017
Two residential development sites in the villages of Hemsworth and Ryhill have hit the market.
Real estate adviser GVA has been appointed by the Wakefield Property Partnership, a joint venture between Wakefield Council, Engie and Arcadis, to find a buyer for the sites.
The two developments have been allocated as Housing Policy Sites by the Council.
At 6.2 acres and 3 acres respectively, the Hemsworth and Ryhill sites have the combined capacity to provide over 200 new homes. The villages lie to the south and south east of Wakefield.
Dai Powell, land and development director of GVA Yorkshire, said:
“The sale of these sites provides an opportunity to acquire regeneration sites which are well prepared for residential development, offering the incoming purchasers a chance to get on-site to develop and sell quickly.
“Such an injection of new private tenure homes has not been seen in these locations for a number of years, presenting a real opportunity for housebuilders to deliver the right type of homes for these communities.”
Informal tenders for freehold interest of the property at Hemsworth are invited by noon on Friday 14 July 2017 and at Ryhill by noon on Friday 4 August 2017.
Original article and image sourced Bdaily
- METALS SUPPLIER SECURES £200K NPIF FUNDING
- WAKEFIELD INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION SPECIALIST SEWTEC RAISES £1,800 FOR TWO WAKEFIELD CHARITIES
- MORGAN SINDALL MAKES WAKEFIELD MOVE
- WAKEFIELD RETAILER ANNOUNCES HUGE ADVANCES IN SUSTAINABILITY WITH UK-FIRST ELECTRIFICATION STEP
- BELLINGHAM IT SUPPORTS APPRENTICESHIP COMMUNITY WITH NEW RECRUIT