Bonmarché Continues to Move Forward
Wed 05 Aug 2015
Bonmarché, the Wakefield based women’s clothing retailer, continues to show solid financial results as quarter two concludes.
For the quarter ending 27th June 2015, the retailer’s sales increased by 3.8% in comparison to quarter one, and online only sales saw a 11.4% rise.
Despite a minor dip in like-for-like sales resulting in a 1.7% decline, they are not as severe as previous results. Bonmarché is currently trading from 295 stores nationwide.
Beth Butterwick, Chief Executive Officer of Bonmarché, said:
"We have made a solid start to the new financial year. Our LFL run rate shows an improvement compared to the previous quarter, despite inconsistent spring & early summer weather.
“We continue to make progress with the execution of our strategic initiatives. We are listening to our customers’ feedback, based on which, our plans will evolve. At this early stage the Board remains confident of achieving its expectations for the year."
These results follow Bonmarché reporting a very successful previous financial year, which saw the retailer experience an 8.7% increase in revenue at £178.6m. This figure is the result of Bonmarché opening 29 new stores, which contributed £8.3m of additional sales.
- 10 YEARS AND COUNTING FOR WAKEFIELD BASED YES WASTE
- M2R EDUCATION SHORTLISTED FOR INTERNATIONAL TRADE AWARD
- CASTLEFORD WAREHOUSE RE-LAUNCHED TO MARKET FOLLOWING REFURBISHMENT
- BELLINGHAM NOW LIVE AT PRODUCTION PARK
- YORKSHIRE INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION SPECIALIST SEWTEC MAKES TWO SENIOR HIRES TO DELIVER CONTINUED GROWTH