Backstage Academy to open first student accommodation
Thu 28 Jun 2018
Wakefield's Backstage Academy, an education facility dedicated to the live events industry, is set to open its first dedicated student accommodation.
Opening for their 2018 September cohort, the Waterfront Apartment block will provide accommodation for 90 students close to the university-accredited academy.
The property is specifically designed for students pursuing degrees in the live events industry. As well as being close to major communication routes, it has its own rehearsal studio
Backstage Academy is located at Production Park in South Kirby and offers degree-level programmes for the live events industry accredited by The University of Bolton.
Students previously lived in dispersed private rented accommodation around Wakefield and Leeds.
Adrian Brooks, chairman of Production Park and the founder of Backstage Academy, said: "We have always worked closely with local estate agents to find good quality accommodation but many of our students have gone outside the city to alternative purpose-built apartments. The Waterfront will help fill a gap for them."
Production Park is a collaborative hub of production companies for the live events industry which designs and builds stages for some of the biggest names in the music industry.
- Bonmarché board criticised by firm lining up its takeover
- PolyGlobal to sponsor Exporter of the Year Award
- Nominations for Wakefield Manufacturing Awards 2019 are now open!
- Russell & Bromley awards national cleaning contract to B38 Support Services
- HALLAMSHIRE ENGINEERING SERVICES BECOMES ACCREDITED TO LATEST ISO 9001:2015 STANDARD