Sewtec to create 40 jobs with new office in Wakefield
Tue 10 Jul 2018
Dewsbury-based robotics specialist Sewtec is set to create about 40 jobs after opening a new mechanical and software engineering design office in Wakefield.
The new office at Silkwood Park, just off Junction 40 of the M1, will support the company's plans to double turnover to £32m and increase its headcount from 80 to more than 120 staff within the next five years.
The new office complements Sewtec's existing mechanical and software engineering design team based at the company's 23,000 sq ft manufacturing facility in Dewsbury. Recruitment for positions at the new office, including mechanical design and software engineers, has already begun.
Sewtec managing director Mark Cook said: "The new office is strategically located to augment the excellent work of our existing design team, and to attract talent from across the region and beyond. It shows our commitment to accelerating Sewtec's growth to achieve our plans of doubling our manufacturing capability whilst expanding further into global markets.
"Since the beginning of the year, we have created 16 new jobs across our engineering, manufacturing and sales functions. Attracting new people to our Wakefield design office is the next important next step in recruiting for least 40 new highly skilled jobs which will underpin Sewtec's continued success."
Sewtec designs and manufactures high-technology factory automation systems for global blue-chip clients in the food, pharmaceutical, personal care and tobacco industries. It counts Nestlé, Procter & Gamble, Unilever and Johnson & Johnson amongst its clients, and more than 85 per cent of its sales are to export markets.
The company's expansion follows a management buyout (MBO) in August 2017, which was backed by Leeds-headquartered private equity firm Endless.
- Wakefield First in partnership with Wakefield Bondholders will stage a fitting finale for Wakefield Business Week
- David Masters, OE Electrics’ Group Managing Director Answers Your Questions at the launch of Wakefield Business Week 2018.
- OE ELECTRICS, ELECTRICAL MANUFACTURER AND 2017 ‘WAKEFIELD BUSINESS OF THE YEAR’ SPONSORS WAKEFIELD BUSINESS WEEK.
- Its time to work on your Business not in it! 5 DAYS – 1 District. Sponsored by OE Electrics
- The West Yorkshire Economic Growth Conference is back - 18th September 2018