PHD Marketing, Pontefract - Media & Events Executive
PHD Marketing & Strategy is an award-winning B2B marketing and communications agency based in Pontefract, West Yorkshire working on a national and international basis. We’re an end-to-end marketing solutions provider delivering a range of services from PR to Advertising & Digital Media Management with a focus on content marketing.
With our sister company, Design by PHD in Wrexham, North Wales, we have secured a number of new B2B clients across the print, packaging, food & drink, distribution, specialty chemicals and electronics industries.
We are now looking for a Media & Events Executive with a strong track record of working in a fast-paced press office/agency style environment. We are looking for an experienced communications professional who is self-motivated, accountable and pro-active to support our business.
The right person will also have experience of dealing with media contacts and journalists and will have the ability to not only handle inbound requests but have the skills to be proactive with media outreach and news generation.
We are diligent, entirely client focussed, agile and experiencing high growth, so flexibility and willingness to go the extra mile are key expectations. We are also absolutely dedicated to delivering a high-quality performance at all times, which is why our clients stick with us.
· Develop knowledge of clients’ business objectives; relevant target audiences and key media
· Manage and develop media relations including in-bound requests and proactive media outreach
· Recommend new media and advertising opportunities for clients
· Assist with budgeting and forecasting
· Work closely with the PR and Digital teams to create impactful strategies that drive awareness for our clients in the media and online
· Manage annual client calendar of events from trade shows to industry dinners, awards sponsorships to drive demand for clients and increase industry kudos
· Monitor editorial calendars and editorial requests to identify and pitch opportunities for the business to contribute
· Collate all client media activity and report on performance
· Oversee and be responsible for ensuring media lists for clients are up to date
· Monitor, collate and evaluate media coverage, producing updates and reports as required for clients
· Assist with event promotion, marketing and organisation for clients
· Support with event activity
· Support the team in implementing work on the accounts on a daily basis
· Provide general administrative support to the team when needed
· Experience of a busy agency/press office role with B2B media relations responsibilities
· Experience of event management
· Ability to build and maintain strong media relationships
· Experience of effectively targeting and pitching stories to journalists
· Able to manage a varied workload to tight deadlines
· Proficient user of all Microsoft Office applications
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Enthusiastic and outgoing individual who can speak with stakeholders at all levels
· Outstanding negotiation ability
· A knack for problem-solving
· A team player with people skills
· Excellent project management, planning, time management and organisation skills
· Understanding of digital and social channels
For further details or to apply, please email CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org