Are you looking for a role in IT?
Could you get to work in Knottingley?
We are currently working with Acumen Waste based in Knottingley. They are currently offering a graduate IT Manager role-
· Become a leader in Information Technology
· Responsible for company-wide systems and information
· Running regular checks on network and data security
· Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems
· Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organisation
· Designing training programs and workshops for staff
· Conducting regular system audits
· Running and sharing regular operation system reports with senior staff
· Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages
· Managing and reporting on allocation of IT budget
· Providing direction on IT for managers
· Identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement
· Responsible for the administration and development of our ‘Waste Management System’ currently ‘Big change’
· Instrumental in the implementation of any new systems or developments
· Responsible for the development of Customer reporting produced by the Waste Management System.
· Resposnible for management of the VOIP telephone systems, currently hosted by Logical telecom.
· Ordering IT equipment, issuing, tracking and management, repair and renew
· Management of Mobile phones
· Input into the company Web Site
· Pressie presentations
· Understand the roles and responsibilities of Acumen in respect of HSE and other Regulatory compliance;
· Feed in to the development of and ensure that all operations are planned, executed and reported in accordance with the requirements of the Business Manual;
· Champion and become involved in HSEQ initiatives,
· Be aware of Risk Assessments and Method Statements and ensure that IT operates in accordance with them;
· Offer up alternative processes and technology to positively improve the Company’s position on HSEQ offerings;
· Advise the Team on any legislation changes and necessary actions;
· Where required, feed in to systems and procedures relating to ISO Accreditations (eg. 9001, 14001 and 18001) and ensure that they are developed, implemented and maintained;
· Represent the Company on both internal and external related forums and committees as required.
· Manage the IT budget to ensure that we purchase good quality equipment for the best possible cost;
· Ensure that work undertaken is to the highest possible standards;
· Identify opportunities for cross-company efficiencies;
· Where required, develop supply-chain partners to assist;
· Where required, select, work with and manage, where required specialist suppliers and sub-contractors.
· Ensure that you provide advice compliantly and effectively, in compliance with Regulatory, internal reporting and other Stakeholder requirements;
· Ensure that technical aspects of the Customer interface are managed efficiently to ensure that internal and external customer deadlines are met;
· Ensure that technical and other related information and data is recorded and reported accurately, with checking procedures in place, and rectified if found to be incomplete/inaccurate. Ensuring the company complies with all legislative requirements;
· Ad-hoc tasks as and when required;
Assist the team with the safe, compliant and cost-effective running of the businesses’ IT; Such that:
· Identify related business opportunities;
· Work with the broader support teams to ensure that the business operates in a safe, compliant and commercially sound way;
· Produce results which create excellence, eg. Customer satisfaction; improving the performance of subcontractors and suppliers; the compliance of sites/ projects within the intended standards;
· Ensure that the business operates in full compliance with Environmental Permits, Planning Permission/s and other applicable legislation;
· In conjunction with the Compliance Director, identify any ongoing competency, training and development requirements;
· Advise the Team on actions required to improve performance, and help in organising specific initiatives.
· Any other reasonable request.
Salary £15-20k depending on experience.
To apply please email your CV with a covering note explaining why you feel you're suitable to email@example.com