C & C Fabrications Ltd, Ferrybridge are looking for an CAD/CAM technician to join their expanding team, and will undertake the Engineering Design & Draughtsperson Level 3 Apprentice (duration 42 months). The ideal candidate will have some experience of working with CAD (preferably 3D Solid works), laser programming and nesting, have the ability to learn the companies laser programming software. They will appreciate the urgency and accuracy required to work in a fast paced fabrication environment. Have good communication skills and a positive telephone manner.
· Designing steel work fabrication and sheet metal products with the ability to produce fabrication drawings from scratch.
· Prepare Laser cutting programs and produce all necessary paperwork.
· Drawing items from Samples, PDF drawings or rough sketches to be programmed.
· Develop folded parts into flat patterns. Ensure all programs are ready in time for cutting.
· Communicate with customers on bespoke designs.
· Responsibilities Whilst these tasks provide the core duties of the role, the list is not exhaustive and the successful candidate may, from time to time, be asked to carry out other tasks deemed within their capabilities.
Working hours = 39 per week
Hourly rate = £6 per hour
Ideal requirements: Candidates will usually have 5 GCSEs at grade A* to C (or equivalent) - including English, maths and a science or technical subject.
For further information or to apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org