The Conservatory Outlet in Wakefield are currently offering an Engineering Apprenticeship.
To report to the maintenance engineer and provide engineering support to the maintenance engineer,
To undertake maintenance work assigned ensuring all machinery is maintained in accordance with manufacturer recommendations and kept in good working order with the aim to ensure minimum machinery down time.
To work alongside the Maintenance Engineer and be willing and able to learn and develop new skills within the maintenance processes and become a skills maintenance engineer.
· To be responsible for ensuring that all maintenance and engineering work is carried out in a timely and efficient manner
· To be responsible for the achievement of agreed maintenance KPI’s;
· To identify the cause of the problems within the production process and initiate an appropriate action plan to resolve.
· To escalate issues that cannot be resolved to the Maintenance Engineer.
· To be responsible for preventative maintenance action making sure that all machinery is in efficient working order to prevent breakdowns and downtime
· To carry out reactive maintenance making sure that any breakdowns are dealt with in a timely manner
· To carry out other small plant installations and modifications
· To ensure that all work meets all quality, safety, Health and Environment policies
· To accurately enter breakdown and maintenance data into the maintenance recording system
· To be responsible for looking after own tools
· To ensure you wear the allocated and appropriate PPE
· Any other duties as directed by the Maintenance Manager
· To maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending training opportunities;
· To respond to and resolve customer issues in a timely and effective manner;
· To monitor the quality of the service provided, complying at all times with the CAR reporting and rectifying process;
· To work in accordance with health and safety regulations, and also ensuring the health and safety of all staff. Reporting near misses and RIDDOR;
· Any other reasonable duty that may be assigned;
· To comply with Conservatory Outlet Quality Policy and objectives in every aspect of own work.·
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
· Must have an NVQ Level 2 Apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering;
· Must be highly Health and Safety conscious
· Good problem-solving skills with the ability to work under pressure
· Good focus on delivering quality service externally
· Excellent attention to detail ensuring a high standard of work;
· A strong team player who works well on their own initiative with a can-do attitude;
· A reliable and committed individual with a strong work ethic;
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop good working relationships with internal and external contacts;
· The ability to demonstrate effective time management;
· A self-motivated and confident individual who has the drive and ambition to succeed;
· A proactive approach to work with the ability to prioritise and manage own workload.
· A willingness to undertake further training with the ability to implement learning into your daily work.
About the apprenticeship
You will also work towards the Engineering Operative Apprenticeship with the support of an approved apprenticeship training provider.
The starting rate of pay is £4.00 per hour rising to £4.50 per hour after 6 months.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a note explaining why you wish to be considered.