We're delighted to be currently working with a chartered accountancy practice based in Wakefield City Centre.
They are currently offering an exciting opportunity to join their team as an Accountancy Apprentice.
Their client base includes a wide range of SME businesses across a range of industry sectors.
You will be expected to work towards the following skills and knowledge areas-
· Strong knowledge of general accounting principles and bookkeeping procedures
· Experience with data entry, record keeping and use of Sage accounting software
· Confident use of excel and Microsoft office systems.
· Completion of bank reconciliations
· Preparation of VAT returns
· Use of Cloud accounting systems
· Develop experience in operating weekly/monthly payrolls – Sage or Brightpay
This is a varied role and we need a special individual who is a good communicator, enjoys talking to clients and solving their problems with real attention to detail and accuracy. Having a “Can Do approach” is absolutely essential to us and you will need to be happy to work in a small team providing the best service and information for our clients. Having a high standard of work is just as important as being able to work independently, sometimes on our clients’ premises and being confident about taking responsibility for your own actions and decisions.
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 8.30 to 5.00. Friday 8.30 – 2.00
Pay commensurate with experience, but will be at least the full minimum wage for your age.
On this apprenticeship you will work towards the Assistant Accountant Advanced Apprenticeship under the guidance and support of a national training provider or college.
In order to apply for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.