Are you looking for a career in Accountancy?
Could you work in Knottingley?
If so, this could be the role for you!
Acumen Waste in Knottingley are offering an Accountancy Apprenticeship. Please read further for details-
· Maintaining the Sales Ledger / Purchase Ledger inbox
· Post payments to accounts and allocate as required
· Send out monthly customer statements
· Respond promptly and completely to both internal and external queries
· Chase overdue invoices by telephone and email and diarise follow up actions
· Undertake account reconciliations as required
· Remittance checking and reconciliation before payments received
· High value invoices >£5k – pre debt calling
· New customer set up on Exchequer and Big Change systems when the correct authorisation process has been met
· Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity
· Provide cover for other accounting functions as requested mainly Credit Control and Sales Ledger
· Production of invoicing across all divisions of the business
· Providing ad hoc reporting as required
· Other duties as delegated by management
· Manage the admin tasks from the finance teams
· Understand the roles and responsibilities of Acumen in respect of HSE and other Regulatory compliance;
· Be aware of and adhere to Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
· Be aware of and comply with ISO Accreditations (eg. 9001, 14001 and 18001)
· Help to provide excellent customer service and maintain relationships as required;
· Ensure that all available Company systems eg. Big Change Apps system are utilised correctly and rigorously to streamline the services offered and to ensure compliance at all stages;
· Ensure that the work undertaken is to the highest possible standards;
· Identify opportunities for cross-company efficiencies.
· Ensure that technical and other related information and data is recorded and reported accurately, with checking procedures in place, and reported to the technical team if found to be incomplete/inaccurate. This includes, but is not limited to technical inputs and aspects of:
§ Duty of Care Paperwork;
§ Health & Safety information;
§ Haulage options;
§ Disposal/treatment facilities;
§ Big Change Apps
Assist the team with the safe, compliant and cost-effective running of the businesses’ sites/facilities/operations; Such that:
· Identify related business opportunities;
· Work with the broader support teams to ensure that the business operates in a safe, compliant and commercially sound way;
· Produce results which create excellence, eg. Customer satisfaction; improving the performance of subcontractors and suppliers; the compliance of sites/ projects within the intended standards;
· Ensure that the business operates in full compliance with Environmental Permits, Planning Permission/s and other applicable legislation;
· In conjunction with the Compliance Director, identify any ongoing competency, training and development requirements;
· Advise the Team on actions required to improve performance, and help in organising specific initiatives.
· Any other reasonable request.
Salary £15-20k depending on experience.
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com with a cover note explaining why you think you're suitable for the position.